OsmoDevCon important information

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sun Mar 31 14:29:10 UTC 2013

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 10:29:28AM +0400, Alexander Chemeris wrote:
> * It would be great to have an intro to the L2 layer. At least for
> Ivan and me a kickstart in this would be of great value.

You're talking about LAPDm?  A general talk aobut LAPDm or specifically
the libosmocore implementation?  And if so, why?  Do you plan to do any
modifications in that area?  I thin L2 is quite boring once it has been
implemented and no bugs are visible...

> * Another intersting topic is LCR architecture. 30min intro from
> Andreas would very intersting at least for me and Dmitri.

I'm perfectly happy with this, and I think myself and likely some others
are interested in it, too.

> * Discussion about OpenBSC integration with legacy E1 MSCs. Not sure
> it's interesting for everyone, so may be more of a workshop style?

Yes, we can move that into one of the other rooms, after we know who is
interested in it.

> > The Schedule will be more ad-hoc than last year, but we should have a
> > rough idea by the start of the event.
>
> Should we start with a planning session evey dau? Kind of unconference style.
> Allocating ~1h at the beginning of the 1st day and ~15-30min at the
> beginning of the other days should be enough to put together a
> schedule for a day.

yes, that was more or less my idea.  However, we shoul still collect all
ideas + resulting schedule in the wiki.