[ANNOUNCE] OsmoDevCon 2013-04-04 till 2013-04-07, Berlin

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 21:02:40 UTC 2013

Hi,

>> I believe that that's a perfect way to extend the community of active
>> contributors. But this is my imho and I'm fine with other views on the
>> subject.
>
> Sorry, by "that" I mean giving interested people a chance to
> communicate with the core developers. Trust to a software is initially
> built upon the trust to people who develop it.

Personally I think that it should be limited to either:
 - Known osmocom contributors
 - People that are known contributors to closely related projects and
with a known working knowledge of the technical side involved in the
osmocom projects that will be discussed.

In this event we'll most likely discuss deep technical issues and will
expect that you're familiar with those. We'll also most likely discuss
about the future and the directions to take in the various projects
and if someone is not in one of the two categories above, I just think
that person doesn't really get a vote in that.

If someone is just "interested" but hasn't done any contributions so
far to either osmocom or to any other open-source project that has
some relevance and just want an intro to the projects or meet the
developers, several of us are present at different conferences, give
talk and it's possible to meet us there.

Cheers,

    Sylvain