OsmoDevCon 2013 / Schedule / Call for Topics

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Feb 27 16:19:53 UTC 2013

Hi all!

== Working Groups / Code Sprints ==

At IN-Berlin, we will have multiple rooms available, not just one main
room where we can all meet.  This has the advantage that "Special
Interest Groups" can form and spend time in one of the otehr rooms
without interfering with whatever might be going on in the main room.

== Talks / Scheudling ==

It was requested that we don't fill the entire schedule with talks,
otherwise people might be hesitant to split away into a working group
and get practical work done.

Therefore, the suggestion is to have either two days of talks/workshops
in the large room and two dedicated hacking days, or we split into
something like mornings: talks, evenings: hacking.

I think we first try to collect topics for talks and then see how we can
fit them in the schedule, while leaving sufficient space for working
groups.

== Talk topics ==

Those are just those that come to my head so far, I'm primarily looking
for your own suggestions/submissions here:

* osmo-pcu status/presentation (for those who haven't used it yet)
* osmo-sdr hardware + misc software news / update (maybe separate)
* OsmocomBB based transceiver
* xgoldmon: Interface Samsung X-GOLD with GSMTAP+Wireshark
* libosmosim: SIM/USIM parsing/encoding toolkit

== Workgroup / Hacking days Topics ==

Those are just those that come to my head so far, I'm primarily looking
for your own suggestions/submissions here:

* fixing osmo-sgsn (TLLI issues, persistent MM context, msgb ownership)
* Brainstorming + kick-off for custom Calypso PCB
* make GSMTAPv3 less vaporware?
* OsmoCOS (card-OS) code sprint