OpenBSC / OpenBTS integration

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 18:42:47 UTC 2012

Hi all,

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 6:45 PM, Sylvain Munaut <246tnt at gmail.com> wrote:
> If both system are to be deployed and be seamless for the user, I
> guess they're going to broadcast the same MCC/MNC as we always do.

Btw, what if we run two different MNCs - would there be any difference
from running "same MNC, separate LAC" configuration? We've been
discussing this with Ivan here and it seems from the OpenBTS point of
view there is no difference.

The benefit of having two MNCs is a better user experience - they will
understand on which network they're camped and what features/bugs to
expect. OTOH i think it may increase the paperwork and payment to
authorities, required to get the permission. Holger, you said most
likely it will be your responsibility - what do you expect from the
paperwork if we request two MNCs?

Alexander Chemeris.
CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио
http://fairwaves.ru