OpenBSC / OpenBTS integration

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 17:46:08 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Sylvain Munaut <246tnt at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ok. We'll look into this.
>> Do you know how we could test this interconnection before CCC?
>
> You can try just setup LCR / OpenBSC combo locally. and If you can
> talk to LCR via SIP, the E1 POC uplink should just work.

Yes, we'll try to put together a test setup in our hackerspace this
Sat. When we get it fully working, could we somehow test
interconnection with POC before the event? E.g. over Internet.

>> One idea which came to my mind recently is to implement some fun (or
>> useful) value added services on our network which would encourage
>> people to make calls or send messages. I hope we'll have integration
>> with SwitchCoder.com soon and we could use it for VAS development. Or
>> may be even let participants to develop services using it. This is a
>> bare idea right now, thus please comment, criticize and improve.
>
> The POC IIRC has some voice services like alarm / next talk announce /
>  live audio from the various rooms.

Yeah, I recall those too.
I hope we could do something interesting/fun too.

Alexander Chemeris.
CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио
http://fairwaves.ru