OpenBSC / OpenBTS integration

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Tue Oct 16 08:53:05 UTC 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 10:55:45PM +0400, Alexander Chemeris wrote:
> These all are valid concerns.
> We would love to test OpenBTS/OpenBSC integration, but this is a
> second goal for us (Fairwaves/OpenBTS team). I.e. we'll plan to do
> that, but only if we have enough time/resources.

well, the easiest from a GSM point of view would be to have OpenBTS
speak OML/RSL. But from the questions tnt asked it appears to be a
more high level integration (non-GSM nitb<->OpenBTS interop).

> Sounds good. Do you plan to cover the whole area? To switch smoothly
> we have to have a similar coverage. May be even share installation
> locations.

I think we would experiment in the early morning or late night and
having a reduced coverage (hackcenter, foyer) would probably be
acceptable.

cheers
	holger