OsmoDevCon 2022 ?

Harald Welte laforge at osmocom.org
Fri Nov 5 10:35:51 UTC 2021

Hi Neels,

On Thu, Nov 04, 2021 at 05:07:35PM +0100, Neels Hofmeyr wrote:
> About testing: it is possible to become contagious days after a negative test,
> so only one test at the beginning is not doing it properly. In schools here the
> requirement is to test every second day. We could adopt that.

We can still discuss this, of course.  As I stated, I personally
wouldn't mind doing a test every morning.

> About the venue, ideal would be IN-Berlin just twice the size. Spontaneously
> thinking of CCC Marienstraße?

Based on mails I'm reading, the latter currently seems in a rather poor general
state and they are planning a variety of renovations.  Not sure what the
state will be by April.

Also, it is unlikely that one would be able to occupy both floors for
four days.   During the past 1.5 years it was pretty abandoned, but
"normally" it is visited by the regular users and

> I usually feel uncomfortable in a hotel / business meeting environment.

Sorry to hear that, but I hope that the amount of technical content and
the social interactions will help you to ignore that to some point.

There are certainly are some alternatives like e.g.
https://www.exrotaprint.de/projektraum/ which would be 185 square
meters, but I haven't yet asked about whether we could use it day+night
and what the rates are.

- Harald Welte <laforge at osmocom.org>            http://laforge.gnumonks.org/