OsmoDevCon 2022 ?

Mychaela Falconia mychaela.falconia at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 00:10:54 UTC 2021

Hi Keith,

> Hey Mychaela, as Neels pointed out, it's not only up to Osmocom.
>
> None of us have any idea what might be the requirements to enter Germany
> by the time April comes around.

Entering Germany is not the problem - I have my ways.  They are not
entirely legal, so I am not going to discuss them in detail, but as a
hint, there exist certain white cards to which I may have access, and
I know that other people of my kind have successfully used the same
methods very recently, successfully accessing other nearby EU countries
for the purpose of physically meeting up with personal friends of like
mind.

My point is, I am fairly confident that entering Germany in 2022-04
will be possible for me, even if it isn't totally legal.  Instead my
real concern lies squarely and solely with Osmocom: if I do make it
into your country using some not-quite-legal means, will _YOU_ bar me
from _YOUR_ meeting space, the one under YOUR control?  That's the
central issue here.

Given both the financial costs involved and the very major hoops I
will most likely need to jump through to make it into EU and then back
into USA in one piece, I will need very substantial foreplanning.  If
I am going to having any chance of making it, I will need to start
making preparations now, 6 months in advance, hence me raising the
topic.

Or alternatively, I would be quite happy to stay on my side of the
ocean if I could convince *at least one* person from your camp to come
to Mexico (or to USA) and meet up with me as a gesture of friendship
and goodwill, on a schedule that does not conflict with your Berlin
meeting - but so far I got none.

M~