Bringing back GrcardSIM2

Harald Welte laforge at osmocom.org
Mon Mar 8 13:15:31 UTC 2021

Hi Mychaela,

On Mon, Mar 08, 2021 at 12:00:06AM -0800, Mychaela Falconia wrote:
> * The wiki page describes a file named EF.WEKI, file ID 0001 under
> DF.GSM.  Whoever wrote this wiki page, how did you get this fancy
> name EF.WEKI?  Was there some kind of document from Grcard that
> described this card-model-specific proprietary file?  Does that
> document still exist somewhere?  Can there be some way for mere
> mortals like me to see that document?

AFAICT there never was any documentation from GRcard, everything had to
be reverse engineered from their proprietary windows programming software.

When they at some point started to ship cards with pre-installed SIM
toolkit applets that we never ordered, sysmocom ceased all contact with that supplier.

> But there is also the undeniable
> fact that once upon a time these cards were resold by Sysmocom, once
> upon a time this Osmocom community right here worked with these cards,
> and someone in this community (or on Sysmocom staff) must have gotten
> enough documentation to write the wiki page and pySim-prog support for
> them.

See above.  I'm not aware of anyone getting actual documentation.

--
- Harald Welte <laforge at osmocom.org>            http://laforge.gnumonks.org/