PySim-shell: File not found errors

Mychaela Falconia mychaela.falconia at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 20:56:23 UTC 2021

Harald Welte wrote:

> > Is there a way for me to add those files to ADF.USIM?
>
> No, the filesystem is fixed at the profile creation time.

I strongly condemn the current policy of all currently available SIM
card vendors (both Grcard and Sysmocom) where they refuse to disclose
the necessary knowledge to allow individual downstream card owners to
freely reformat their file system, even if it means low-level flash
reformatting and CardOS image reloading etc.  I have written more
about this topic earlier:

https://www.freecalypso.org/hg/fc-sim-tools/file/tip/doc/Formatting-thoughts

> Unfortunately it is not available.  It would be great if somebody would add
> a 'brute force scan' to pySim-shell, which basically tries all possible 65535
> file IDs, and if it's selectable and a DF, recursively continues to do so.

This feature already exists in fc-uicc-tool in my fc-sim-tools suite,
my competitor to pySim:

https://www.freecalypso.org/hg/fc-sim-tools/file/tip/doc/Brute-force-search

M~