inter-BSC handover

Keith keith at rhizomatica.org
Fri Jul 2 00:32:09 UTC 2021

Hi all.

I'm testing to see if inter-BSC handover will work between RBS and
osmo-bts, given that support for handover from an E1 to RTP call is not
yet supported.

Among all kinds of other things going on, I'm not finding it easy to
understand how to configure everything for inter bsc handover.

I know there are two videos (at least) from Neels at OsmoDevCon, on the
subject of handover and then inter-MSC handover.

I have one DUG/RUS configurarion with the e1d, bsc/msc/mgw/hlr running
on the associated PC and one remote SysmoBTS, which is running osmo-bsc
and it's associated MGW locally. All that is fine, I can call between
the two BTSs successfully.

I'm guessing I should add the neighbours manually in each bsc but I'm
not sure what to configure in the MSC.

Maybe I'll figure it out this evening, but I thought it best to also
write most given the time zones and most of you guys will see this
before I get back to work tomorrow.

Thanks!