Introducing ntt. Modern tools for TTCN-3

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Mon Feb 22 10:58:29 UTC 2021

On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 01:25:39PM +0000, Simon, Matthias (Nokia - DE/Ulm) wrote:
> 	$ ntt tags ./osmo-ttcn3-hacks/bts >TAGS

I use universal-ctags (a spin-off from exuberant-ctags) to produce TTCN3 tags.
However, it misses many template/function definitions that have keywords like
optional, present etc. in them, so half the time my tag jump doesn't work.

> But the most interesting piece is probably the TTCN-3 language server: ntt implements the
> language server protocol. This makes ntt a universal TTCN-3 language plugin for
> virtually any editor or IDE [2].

I use a ttcn.vim syntax file I found somewhere, the header says:
	Maintainer:   Stefan Karlsson <stefan.74 at comhem.se>
It works well.

Never heard of the "language server protocol". All i really need is syntax
highlighting and tags. Otherwise I always use vim's ctrl-p and ctrl-n for auto
completion (and tags to look up argument ordering).

The vim config example on
> [2] https://nokia.github.io/ntt/editors/
looks interesting, what benefits would I get from using ntt in vim?

In your logo, is that a squirrel?

~N