Ettus USRP E100 usage for current osmo-trx

Harald Welte laforge at osmocom.org
Tue Feb 9 15:55:56 UTC 2021

Hi Ivan,

I'm not aware of any SUR PExxx users within the Osmocom community. There
may (be / have been) some, but if, they are probably rare.

>From the Osmocom stack thre shouldn't really be any problem:
* we build our code for other embedded ARM targets like
** sysmoBTS devices (using yocto/poky/OE)
** Raspbian builds are part of network:osmocom:nightly

So the Osmocom code will run on ARM based Linux systems.

All of your questions / issues seem really be related to the USRP E100
itself, and its drivers and/or OS level issues.

On Tue, Feb 09, 2021 at 01:55:17PM +0300, Ivan Babanov wrote:
> And one more question: Is it a proper place to ask questions related
> to BTS and TRX? Should I move my question to some other mail list?

sure, the list is right - I just think that the problems you mentioned
so far are not really rooted in the Osmocom software, but the hardware /
driver / OS, and I would expect most people have no experience with the
E100.

Regards,
	Haradl

--