Ettus USRP E100 usage for current osmo-trx

Ivan Babanov ivan.babanov at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 10:55:17 UTC 2021

Hello all!

Does anybody have any actual information about the possibility to run
osmo-trx on Ettus E100 board?
I   see some references in manuals about the possibility of running
it, but I can't find details on how to do it.

I tried several ways:
1. Build from source on target HW. Unfortunately "autoreconf" crashes
with some perl module dependency.

2. Install binaries. Binaries for arm available only for Debian 9, so
I built an image and installed Debian 9.0 on SD-card. Installation of
binaries was unsuccessful  because of some unmet dependencies.

3. Build from scratch on Debian 9.0. I was partially successful in it.
I was able to build osmocore and osmo-trx. The problem was to run it
because now, uhd_find_devices shows an empty list. It looks like that
kernel module usrp_e.ko should be loaded, but I have no idea where to
find its sources.

And one more question: Is it a proper place to ask questions related
to BTS and TRX? Should I move my question to some other mail list?

Thank you
Ivan