WIP / RFC for pysim 'next generation;' aka pysim-shell

Mychaela Falconia mychaela.falconia at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 21:55:35 UTC 2021

Harald wrote:

> pysim-shell will also be able to show you which file is shared with what
> other file.

How does it divine this knowledge?  Perhaps I didn't read the ETSI UICC
spec thoroughly enough regarding all of the nested TLVs returned in
response to SELECT, but I don't see anything in any of the specs I've
read that would allow a host talking to a UICC to know whether some
two different SELECTable paths refer to the same underlying file.  I
can SELECT one file and read its content via READ BINARY or READ RECORD
as appropriate, then do the same on the other file, and see that the
byte content is the same - but how would I know if they are linked or
separate files that just happen to have the same byte content?  OK, I
can envision an invasive test where you authenticate with the ADM1 key
(for admin-write-only files), write into one file, and see if the
other also magically changed - but is there any non-invasive test that
doesn't involve writing?

M~