Looking for historical sysmoSIM-GR2 card

Mychaela Falconia mychaela.falconia at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 03:30:35 UTC 2021

Hello fellow GSM hackers,

Would anyone here happen to have a sysmoSIM-GR2 card (once sold by
Sysmocom aeons ago, but long since discontinued) which they would be
willing to sell?  I have a friend who has sysmoSIM-GR1 and
sysmoUSIM-GR1 (other long-discontinued historical cards from aeons
ago), but no sysmoSIM-GR2.  I am looking for just one card (doesn't
matter if it is fully intact, broken out 2FF, or even cut down to
3FF), and I am willing to pay premium price for it, plus I will pay
for private courier shipping to bypass USPS which can't be trusted
with anything valuable these days.  So if anyone has one of these
cards which they would be willing to part with, and could use a little
money, please give me a holler.  Oh, and if the card's SUPER ADM PIN
has been changed to something other than the default 88888888, I will
need to be given that key.

Background info: I am trying to get some new cards from Grcard, and I
ordered samples.  These samples were originally scheduled to arrive in
USA next week, but then some snafu happened, and the shipment got
returned to the sender.  I was given a non-answer as to what the
problem issue is, and I basically have to wait an indefinitely long
time (at least past LNY 2-week holiday, plus however much longer after
that) to get a resent package - and it looks like they are going to
resend via a slower method too.  Meanwhile I have implemented Grcard2
custom commands in fc-simtool based on this wiki page:

https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/GrcardSIM2

I am now looking for a way to test my Grcard2 command implementation
against some card that is *known* to speak Grcard2 protocol and not
some other (hence sysmoSIM-GR2 would be ideal), and when I receive the
new sample cards from Grcard at some future time (probably many weeks
or even months out), I will be able to compare, and determine if they
are also Grcard2 or something else.  (If the new cards turn out to be
different from both Grcard1 and Grcard2, I will call them Grcard3. :)

Hopeful,
Mother Mychaela of FreeCalypso