HR / AMR Lab Testing Using OSMO-NITB

Tomcsanyi, Domonkos domi at tomcsanyi.net
Tue Aug 10 18:19:49 UTC 2021

Hi Sonny,

I am really sorry to be *that guy* who is ruining all the fun, but I must chime in and state:
Osmo NITB is end of life and it is highly unlikely to receive any fixes or support for it.
I think it was clearly stated by main contributors of the project that basically the new, more 3GPP-like network from osmocom is supposed to be used by all users. It is really not that more complicated to deploy it once you get the hang of it compared to nitb in my opinion.

Sorry again, and good luck Sonny.

Keith, obviously I did not mean the above to you, I am aware your use case is special and you have a good reason(s) to do things the way you are doing them. In case of Sonny since he mentioned a lab-setup I expect him to be more flexible and be able to rapidly move to the new architecture - hence my comment above.

Kind regards,
Domi