pySim ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'construct'

Niels ten Oever lists at digitaldissidents.org
Fri Apr 30 09:56:01 UTC 2021

Hi Harald,

Thanks for your quick response, please find my reply below in-line:

On 28-04-2021 21:36, Harald Welte wrote:
> Hi Niels,
>
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 07:18:34PM +0200, Niels ten Oever wrote:
>> I am a happy user of pySim - thanks a lot for the work on it. Unfortunately, I think something broke during recent updates that might have to do with software versions.
>
> pySim has recently been extended heavily, which introduced some new dependencies, and those
> should all be documented in the README, but also
>>
>> I went through a full reinstall and have done all the software installations mentioned in the README.md, but when I do:
>>
>> $ ./pySim-read.py -p0

$ /usr/bin/env python3 --version
Python 3.8.5

> which python version are you using to execute pySim?

See above

>> $ sudo pip3 install construct
>> Requirement already satisfied: construct in /usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages (2.10.67)
>
> so it is installed for python3.8.

$ sudo pip3 install construct
Requirement already satisfied: construct in /usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages (2.10.67)

Indeed

>> But that did not solve the issue.
>
> I suspect you installed 'construct' for python3.8 but you are executing pySim-reads by some other
> version of python?  What does the following command tell you:
>
> 	/usr/bin/env python3 --version
>
> I would assume it shows something else than python 3.8.x ?

Unfortunately not, but all other suggestions are welcome!

Best,

Niels

--
Niels ten Oever, PhD
Postdoctoral Researcher - Media Studies Department - University of Amsterdam

https://nielstenoever.net - mail at nielstenoever.net - @nielstenoever - +31629051853
PGP: 2458 0B70 5C4A FD8A 9488 643A 0ED8 3F3A 468A C8B3

Read my latest article on Internet infrastructure governance in New Media & Society here: https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1461444820929320