pySim ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'construct'

Harald Welte laforge at osmocom.org
Wed Apr 28 19:36:46 UTC 2021

Hi Niels,

On Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 07:18:34PM +0200, Niels ten Oever wrote:
> I am a happy user of pySim - thanks a lot for the work on it. Unfortunately, I think something broke during recent updates that might have to do with software versions.

pySim has recently been extended heavily, which introduced some new dependencies, and those
should all be documented in the README, but also

> I went through a full reinstall and have done all the software installations mentioned in the README.md, but when I do:
>
> $ ./pySim-read.py -p0

which python version are you using to execute pySim?

> $ sudo pip3 install construct
> Requirement already satisfied: construct in /usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages (2.10.67)

so it is installed for python3.8.

> But that did not solve the issue.

I suspect you installed 'construct' for python3.8 but you are executing pySim-reads by some other
version of python?  What does the following command tell you:

	/usr/bin/env python3 --version

I would assume it shows something else than python 3.8.x ?

--
- Harald Welte <laforge at osmocom.org>            http://laforge.gnumonks.org/