E1 line debug L1/L2

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue Oct 13 19:11:37 UTC 2020

Hi Ivan,

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 07:07:12PM +0300, Ivan Babanov wrote:

> Today I was able to get hardware working. At least L2 link established and
> I see OML/NM messages.

congratulations!  Now the fun part starts.

> Briefly the problem was with ports connections. I did not expected that
> quad-port card requires all ports to be connected. Everything started to
> work after I placed dummy loopback connectors to unused ports 3 and 4.

This definitely does not reflect my experience with any of the DAHDI quad-port
cards I have used so far.

> After it I was able to check physical link with e1-prbs-test and was able
> to communicate with BTS.

Strange.  Maybe some bug or problem with the specific model you use, or
related to the suspected IRQ trouble, or it is a question of clocking?  Maybe
the clock reference was configured to (only) use a port that had no signal applied?