E1 line debug L1/L2

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Oct 12 09:17:36 UTC 2020

Dear Ivan,

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 12:26:22AM +0300, Ivan Babanov wrote:
> I heard that it happens on some hardware with Digium cards, I'll try
> tomorrow to change PCI slot to avoid sharing one IRQ with USB
> devices, maybe disable USB at all. If it doesn't help, I'll try a new
> server with different HW.

I'm sorry but I think you are looking at the wrong level.  I doubt that
the hardware is the problem.

If you are worried about the hardware/OS/drivers, just use a loopback E1
cable between two ports and run e1-prbs-test (from osmo-e1d/contrib) on
both sides to see if you can communicate between two ports.  If that
works, you can exclude any problems related to hardware or drivers.

If you have connceted span 1 + 2 via loopback, start

in one shell:
	e1-prbs-test /dev/dahdi/chan/001

in another shell:
	e1-prbs-test /dev/dahdi/chan/002

and check the stdout to see if they find sync in both direction.

This program sends pseudo-random bit sequences over every timeslot and
checks that the correct PRBS sequence arrives on the other side,
bidirectionally.