[Proposal] VTY attributes in libraries

Philipp Maier pmaier at sysmocom.de
Mon Oct 5 15:17:18 UTC 2020

Hello Vadim,

I understand a,b,c,c1,d,d1 but I am a bit lost at e and e1.

In d you suggest to define the attributes in a centralized place to
avoid clashes. I think this is fine. If we look at
include/osmocom/vty/command.h than in enum node_type the node ids for
libosmo-abis and libosmo-sccp are stored. Given that I think it would be
acceptable to add the flags we need for libosmo-sccp and libosmo-abis in
the enum next to CMD_ATTR_IMMEDIATE.

btw.: In libosmo-sccp there is one situation where the changes take
effect when the VTY node is exited. At least this is generic enough to
justify a CMD_ATTR_NODEEXIT.

best regards,
Philipp

--