Ericsson RBS-2206 startup with OSMO

Ivan Babanov ivan.babanov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 21:00:29 UTC 2020

Hello Harald,

Today I was able to achieve a state similar to your *.pcap file from here:
https://osmocom.org/issues/4645
I see my RBS produces the pcap with the same data. I'm a bit worried about
MO CONN which has DISABLED state and ERROR in RSL after sending 5ter to
RBS. Is it possible to try calls in this state?
I had no time today to connect Spectrum Analyser to RF output and check
signal, and until next visit to the lab I hope that signal exists onAir :)
At least I see that led "RF Off" is switched off now on dTRU.

Regarding clock stability issue that I was describing in previous mail, I
solved it by using CISCO 3640 with E1 card as the root for SYNC. My Digium
card takes clock from CISCO and provides it to RBS. RBS looks happy with it.
All other tricks I planned to try were unsuccessful.
Setting both sides of E1 to get sync from the neighbour did not work as
expected.
When I tried with real BSC DX200, it looked like BSC was un-configured and
was not able to bring E1 link up.

So, my next steps are checking RF signal with analyser and trying to make a
call with real UE. What do you think, is it possible?

Thank you
Babanov Ivan