Osmo-SIP-Connector Version 6

Keith keith at rhizomatica.org
Fri May 29 16:44:58 UTC 2020

Sonny,

I had been thinking about dealing with this for sometime now, as Vadim
says, not a big job,

I had just wondered whether to "upgrade" the mncc support in osmo-nitb
or else to make a configuration variable in osmo-sip-connector for
"mncc-version" and make the new code dependent on that. Probably the
first option would be most acceptable as why burden the
osmo-sip-connector with code to support something obsolete? On the other
hand you add some code to osmo-nitb just to throw it away, (the nitb
won't use any of the new fields in the MNCC version 6.)

Partly I never did either, as I don't want to bother code reviewers with
supporting osmo-nitb.

I totally am with what Harald says, at the same time, it has kind of
annoyed me that we still publish packages for osmo-nitb and
osmo-sip-connector and that combination has not worked now for some time.

So, in the meantime, if you MUST use osmo-nitb, unless you still have a
package for your OS around, (check in your apt cache?) I'd suggesting
building osmo-sip-connector version 1.3. It's a fairly easy build.

If you really really have a pressing reason why you cannot move to the
new core network stack and you absolutely cannot find a solution, Tell
me something about your use case, either PM or here on the list, I can
help out one way or another.

k.