updated videos / presentations on setting up Osmocom CNI

Harald Welte laforge at osmocom.org
Wed Jun 3 14:57:56 UTC 2020

Hi!

I just realized that since OsmoCon was discontinued after 2018 didn't
result in sufficient turn-out, and only the 2017 incarnation contained
some entry-level talks, we actually only have introductory level
presentations / videos about a setup that still covers OsmoNITB.
(https://media.ccc.de/v/osmocon17-4002-running_a_basic_circuit_switched_osmocom_gsm_network)

This may or may not be a reason why some people still want to set up OsmoNITB
in 2020.  While our wiki and user manuals all have deprecated OsmoNITB years ago,
people who only look for videos might be mislead.

Also, I'm sure that several other presentation (like the one about 3G / osmo-iuh before
the CNI split) would similarly benefit from an update.

So I think we should try to create/update some slide decks and record related
lectures / tutorials at some point this year.  I wouldn't bother setting up a
virtual conference or some kind of remote interaction at this point.  Recording
some talks and/or screencasts allows us to create and release them one-by-one.

I would like to get started by collecting a list of topics at https://osmocom.org/issues/4578
before we start to actually work on the presentations.

One question is also how to record, but let's first work on the content before
we worry about recording and publication.

- Harald Welte <laforge at osmocom.org>            http://laforge.gnumonks.org/