Support for new SDR devices

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 07:31:25 UTC 2020

Hi,

> > > What are the plans to expand support for new SDR devices?
> >
> > I don't think there is any.
>
> What about considering a somehow wider group of SDRs using an additional layer with Soapy? I am no coder at all and can't help, and maybe I am totally wrong anyway, but a more universal approach looks interesting to me. A friend is coding at the moment a DMR interface between MMDVM and soapy and is doing good progress.

> Also Soapy has proven to be somehow "cell infrastructure ready" in the srsLTE project.

Has it ?  Is it used for production ready stability level anywhere ?
Last I heard it was a "yeah, it works sort-of sometimes" level of
support, but maybe that's outdated.

Even with UHD which is supposed to be "universal" there is still a
bunch of tweaking "per radio" for things like analog and digital
delays in the hardware itself, gain range, etc etc ... so Soapy would
likely have the same.

But if you want to give it a shot, go ahead.

Cheers,

    Sylvain