Support for new SDR devices

Pau Espin Pedrol pespin at sysmocom.de
Sat Jul 18 16:19:37 UTC 2020

Hi,

without looking into much detail at your branch, I should suggest:

* Rebase your work on top of current osmo-trx master, the base commit
you use is uite old and the API has changed a bit since then, with some
fixes and improvements.

* Make sure you run both osmo-trx and osmo-bts-trx with RR scheduler
(realtime). For instance, osmo-trx VTY cmd "rt-prio 18", and
osmo-bts-trx cmd line arg "-r 1".

* From what i see in the logs, it looks like you have some issues with
how you are managing the tmestamps inside your device backend, so
something is not being done correctly in there most probably, then 0 is
returned and osmo-trx upper layers decide to stop the process.

Once you have something working acceptably fine (MS can use the network
more or less reliably, and osmo-trx doesn't stop or crash), I'm happy to
review your patch in gerrit.

Regards,
Pau

--