openBSC with commercial BTS

Harald Welte laforge at osmocom.org
Thu Aug 20 11:45:16 UTC 2020

Dear Ivan,

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 11:24:30AM +0300, Ivan Babanov wrote:
> I see that currently openBSC/osmoBSC works with a number of old commercial
> BTS such as Ericsson/Nokia/Siemens etc. It works over E1/Abis.  My question
> is, did somebody try something newer than Nokia UltraSite?

We have just made current OsmoBSC + OsmoMGW work with the Ericsson
RBS6000, specifically with the DUG10 + DUG20 models.  If you use
'master' of all of Osmocom (or the nightly builds, for that matter) and
the config file examples from https://git.osmocom.org/osmo-bsc/tree/doc/examples/osmo-bsc/ericsson
it should work.  Of course you have to make sure that your MCTR
configuration / number of TRX / transmit power levels / ARFCNs etc.
match the capability of your hardware and the IDB that's installed in
the DUG.

--
- Harald Welte <laforge at osmocom.org>            http://laforge.gnumonks.org/