GSUP client

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Fri Apr 24 12:55:59 UTC 2020

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 11:12:41AM +0000, Reza Hosseini wrote:
> Dear Mr. Welte,
>
> In order to be more familiar with the further development of the osmo-euse file, I need to know which libraries and which programming style I should use to be on the right track.
>
> Is it possible to provide me please the some lines of your code  which is sending the USSD code via the GSUP client to hlr and called up data from OSMO-HLR?
>
> I need this for my master's thesis (Education Purpose), so I don't need a license for it.

It may seem complex and confusing at first, but all the code is available, and
open for use, you just need to find your way through it :)

So far we are handling USSD in osmo-hlr itself, see for example
osmo-hlr/src/hlr_ussd.c: handle_ussd_own_imsi() and handle_ussd_own_msisdn().
Grep for those to find out how they integrate.

Handling USSD outside of the HLR is a relatively new concept which has not seen
actual productive use yet, so there may be rough edges. The euse-demo you
mentioned earlier should be such an example.

~N