got traces for inter-MSC Handover?

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Sun Jan 6 21:39:05 UTC 2019

Hi all,

my current task is implementing inter-MSC Handover for OsmoMSC.

It would be immensely helpful to look at network traces of the messages
carrying out an inter-MSC handover. Primarily for 2G (BSSAP), but 3G (RANAP)
might also be interesting.

The part on the A-interface (BSSAP) is interesting for both the outgoing (orig.
MSC and BSS) as well as the incoming (remote MSC and BSS) sides.

Most interesting would be some kind of trace of communication between the two
MSCs, the E-interface (MAP) negotiating the HO as well as the call forwarding
between the two MSCs, if at all available.

We are exploring various avenues to obtain inter-MSC HO traces, so far to no
avail. If anyone reading this is able to help out, that would be highly
appreciated and super helpful to be interoperable.

Thanks!
~N

--
- Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de>          http://www.sysmocom.de/