coding style: fixed indenting vs align-with-brace

Pau Espin Pedrol pespin at sysmocom.de
Fri Feb 8 22:34:41 UTC 2019

Hi,

I used to work in an environment where we used uncrustify [1] to check
formatting during CI time (github + jenkins iirc).

In general it worked quite well but sometimes indeed it did some
unexpected stuff.

So I'd say I'm not for or against using this kind of tooling during CI
to check formatting. It has good stuff (avoid adding whitespace
artifacts and bad formatting), but on the other side it has issues (more
time spent on formatting, sometimes it adds its own formatting artifacts).

Furthermore, that means probably we need to run it once over all the
code base and submit patches to fix it so we can then use it as a base
to check the changes.

[1] http://uncrustify.sourceforge.net/

--
- Pau Espin Pedrol <pespin at sysmocom.de>         http://www.sysmocom.de/