Phones not registering on network

Keith keith at rhizomatica.org
Tue Apr 9 21:32:49 UTC 2019

On 08/04/2019 15:35, Snehasish Kar wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am trying to use openbsc with usrp x310. I have configured and
> executed osmo-trx from( https://github.com/osmocom/osmo-trx
> <https://github.com/osmocom/osmo-trx>) and
> osmo-bts(https://github.com/osmocom/osmo-bts) and I can see the
> network on my phone but can't register to it,

this is very typical behaviour with other Ettus SDR that I have used
when the clock is not accurate.

do you have the optional internal GPSDO with your x310?

If you have the GPSDO, make sure it is locked.

If you do not, you may not be able to have a very satisfactory
experience unless you can find another stable clock source.

What models of phone have you tried? I found some did not care so much
about the clock.

If no GPSDO, then try putting the phone into manual selection mode, then
power cycle close to your Ettus x310 so the phone sees a string signal
from it.

Quickly manually search for networks and select your network. Watch the
osmo-bts (telnet to port 4241) log output (can't remember which log
level right now, but even log level all debug should be ok) for any sign
of comms from your phone.