React to IMSI Attach but not PERIODIC

Keith Whyte keith at rhizomatica.org
Mon May 28 11:14:15 UTC 2018

On 28/05/18 12:41, Neels Hofmeyr wrote:
> Ah, I understand now. I got the wording the wrong way, thought you wrote "we
> accept Periodic LU *only* for detached MS" while you meant to say "when a
> Periodic LU comes in for a detached phone, we simply accept it".

Ah yes. Sorry. "just" can be ambiguous in English. I should endeavor to
not use it.

> Ok, yes, the idea remains: not trigger SMPP signals on the periodic-ness of the
> LU, but rather wherever the MSC decides to change between "attached" and
> "detached".

For the moment, what I've done is extend the SMPP availability statuses
and send a different status for IMSI_ATTACH to PERIODIC
The my SMPP listener is reacting differently depending on the status..
This works for the moment for the application in hand, but I assume it's
not something we want to be concerned about in master.