Regarding Programming SIM cards

Filipe Laíns osmocom at lains.me
Wed Jun 13 09:54:35 UTC 2018

Hey,

The reader you are using it's called a Phoenix Reader, they are a bit
tricky and there isn't much documentation (at least I wasn't able to
find). I haven't had any luck making them work with PCSC.
You should try to use a proper reader. If you want a recommendation for
a decent brand, I would suggest Gemalto.
If you really want to use your current reader, you should check UICCSIM
by opencells, afaik it should work.

http://open-cells.com/d5138782a8739209ec5760865b1e53b0/uicc-v1.3.tgz
https://open-cells.com/index.php/uiccsim-programing/

For more information on using phoenix readers with PCSC, check the
following link.
http://timesinker.blogspot.com/2016/04/using-cheap-sim-card-readers.html
(I haven't had any luck with this)

Regards,
Filipe Laíns (FFY00)
https://github.com/FFY00
3DCE 51D6 0930 EBA4 7858  BA41 46F6 33CB B0EB 4BF2

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 5:25 AM, Tomcsányi, Domonkos
<domi at tomcsanyi.net> wrote:
> Hi Farah,
>
> What SIM card reader are you using? What does the command lsusb say?
> Also check dmesg and syslog for more information. It is almost sure
> that your reader’s driver is not yet or already included in pcsc,
> so you will need peobably change pcsc version to an older or newer
> release.
>
> Kind regards,
> Domi
>

> 2018. jún. 13. dátummal, 1:22 időpontban Ferdaus, Farah
> <ff1016 at wildcats.unh.edu> írta:
>
>> Hi there,
>> I have built and installed the requirements for OpenBTS and my USRP
>> (Ettus N210) is responding but now I am stuck at SIM card stage. I
>> am trying to program a Super SIM 16-in-1 using the
>> Insten_USB_SIM_Card_Writer and following the steps mentioned here
>> and here but unable to write the sim card.  Every time I run the
>> pcsc_scan command it stops working. Below is the output.
>>
>> "wslopenbts at wslopenbts-desktop:~$ pcsc_scan
>> PC/SC device scanner
>> V 1.4.25 (c) 2001-2011, Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rousseau at free.fr>
>> Compiled with PC/SC lite version: 1.8.14
>> Using reader plug'n play mechanism
>> Scanning present readers...
>> Waiting for the first reader...^C"
>>
>> The problem seems that the PC is not getting the SIM card reader.
>> But the SIM card reader was plugged into the PC while running the
>> command and the LED turned red which indicate it was getting the
>> power from the PC. Do you think, buying another new SIM card reader
>> can resolve the issue? I can test by buying another SIM and SIM card
>> reader; Do any of you have any suggestion for the SIM and SIM card
>> reader, particularly which one will be good? Finally, any guideline
>> for me regarding programming the SIM card. I will be very grateful
>> if you help me by giving suggestions to resolve my issue.
>>
>> Can anyone please help me regarding this issue.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> Best Regards,
>> Farah

Sent via Migadu.com, world's easiest email hosting