On the use of 'decmatch' in TTCN-3

Pau Espin Pedrol pespin at sysmocom.de
Wed Jan 31 23:18:11 UTC 2018

Hi Harald,

thanks for the explanation! However, it's still not clear to me how to
get the decoded payload out of the receive statement. From
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1089269/ I saw there's this
"@decoded" keyword you can use but I couldn't figure out how to really
use it in a proper way, and what exactly I would be getting with it.

I'm also wondering if several decmatch expressions can be stacked in a
single statment, for instance image something like:
RSL.receive(tr_RSL_DATA_REQ(g_chan_nr, ?, decmatch tr_RRM_RR_STATUS(foo,
bar, decmatch tr_ANOTHER_TEMPLATE)).
Linking it with first question, what I would be getting when using the
@decoded keyword in this case?

And extra question I asked myself while doing some tests today: is there
a way to check if a template received through a function parameter
matches a specific template? I tried with match() but from what I
understood from the compilation errors, it seems match() actually checks
a value vs a template, and not 2 templates. Hm maybe just using "=="
would work, I didn't check it.

Last query: Did you find a good tutorial or well documented examples for
beginners in some specific place?

--
- Pau Espin Pedrol <pespin at sysmocom.de>         http://www.sysmocom.de/
* Alt-Moabit 93