grcardsim: fails with "bad echo value"

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Jan 29 22:15:38 UTC 2018

Hi Marek,

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 05:39:24PM +0100, Marek Sebera wrote:
> ATR: 3B 9F 95 80 1F C3 80 31 E0 73 FE 21 13 57 86 81 02 86 98 44 18 A8
> GREEN CARD, Grcard (Hong Kong ) Co.,Limited, LTE Usim Card
> (Telecommunication)
> Celcom Postpaid 3G (Telecommunication)

The supplier of the cards you mention hasever contributed
in any way to pySim.  We simply did some protocol tracing of an early
GRSIM card (2G, not USIM or LTE) and implemented code for it based on reverse
engineering, just like for the early MagicSIM.  If you have a different
card, it will for sure not work.

If you would like to implement support for the card models you are using,
please feel free to contribute patches, we're happy to add support for
more cards.

The only SIM card supplier that ever contributed development of pySim code
was sysmocom, and most recently, also fairwaves.

So I guess you have the choice of either contributing code for the cards
you work with, or use cards where the suppliers actually care about pySim
support.

Kind regards,