libosmocore wiki page and doxygen online documentation

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Thu Jan 18 15:32:40 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 04:42:00PM +0100, Pau Espin Pedrol wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to find if the doxygen documentation is uploaded and publicly
> available somewhere in some web server.
>
> Google pointed me to this libosmocore wiki page:
> ftp://ftp.osmocom.org/api/latest/libosmonetif/
>
> In there, there are several links to stuff like
> http://www.osmocom.org/doc/libosmocore/latest/html/, but I get access
> forbidden when trying to use that one.
>
> On the other hand, I found somewhere else a link to
> http://ftp.osmocom.org/api/latest/libosmonetif/html/ which seems to be
> working.
>
> Now the question is: which is the expected way to access the documentation?
> should "www.osmocom.org" work instead of having to use "ftp.osmocom.org"?

Check job https://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/job/Osmocom_API/ ...
it does

rsync -avz --delete -e "ssh -p 48" ./libosmocore/doc/ api at osmocom.org:web-files/latest/libosmocore/

looks like it uploads to

http://ftp.osmocom.org/api/latest/
ftp://ftp.osmocom.org/api/latest/

Looking at the "Generated" footer confirms that...
http://www.osmocom.org/doc/libosmocore/latest/html/index.html (which works for
me) was generated 2011 (!)

We should probably remove the outdated api docs and have a central pointer in
the wiki somewhere, maybe in an API wiki page that cross-references back and
forth with the Manuals wiki page...? (I'm not going to do it now)

BTW, who reads the doxygen API doc anyway ;)

~N