Handover log

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Sun Jan 7 17:23:56 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jan 04, 2018 at 02:16:17PM +0900, Alexander Chemeris wrote:
> Hello, all,
>
> I wonder if anyone has thought about introducing a handover log (to a
> file or a DB) to OsmoBSC/OsmoNITB?

Seems like a good idea. The main question is how to implement it in a way that
is easy to evaluate.

We have those rate rounters that could easily count handovers per BTS, but to
count between each pair of BTSes is an exponential thing.

I'm not closely familiar with them, but we also have external DB storage
mechanisms of events; I wonder whether we have documentation for those? I can't
find much on it, just know we used it on 34c3.

The simplistic approach would be to just output logging statements. We have the
HO (handover) and soon the HODEC (handover decision) logging categories, with
minor effort that logging could be made easily parsable by external tooling.

So all for it, as always the questions are how to and who will implement.

~N