Handover log

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 05:16:17 UTC 2018

Hello, all,

I wonder if anyone has thought about introducing a handover log (to a
file or a DB) to OsmoBSC/OsmoNITB?

For small deployments <6 BTS you can just add every BTS to neighbor
lists of each other and don't worry, but once you get above that, you
face a handover optimization issue. I.e. which BTS should be neighbors
of which other ones. Initial assigning of the neighbors can be done by
simply looking at coverage maps of each BTS. But once the network is
actually used there is a lot of useful information about the network
performance which can be extracted from the handover history - which
cells have issues handing over to each other, etc.

Alexander Chemeris.
CTO/Founder, Fairwaves, Inc.
https://fairwaves.co