switched to gerrit +3, some ideas

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Dec 12 21:17:51 UTC 2018

Hi Neels and Oliver,

thanks for your work and investigation.  To me, it seems, after all, gerrit
is not suited for what we try to achieve.

Confusing messages in the UI are dangerous, particularly if there's no clear
solution in sight.

I would hence rather go back to Neels' proposal to simply give all [known]
developers +2 capacity with a social contract.

Please let's avoid re-starting the discussion from scratch.

> Let's see for a few days how we fare with these quirks.

Ok if you'd like we can do that, but to me a broken UI/representation
with no fix expected to show up makes it quite clear that this is not a
situation which we want to persist.

To me, the behaviour you describe as the current status quo is a no-go, sorry.