CSN.1 directory

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 21:01:08 UTC 2018

Hi,

> I did not know GMR-1 was so close from GSM / GPRS at the RRC / NAS layer.

GMR-1 is heavily derived from GSM. Mostly just all the physical medium
specific stuff had to be adapted.

> I found those GMR-1 specs which seem the most recent, with CSN.1
> structures definition:
> - for RRC: https://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_ts/101300_101399/1013760413/03.05.01_60/ts_1013760413v030501p.pdf
> - for NAS: https://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_ts/101300_101399/1013760408/03.04.01_60/ts_1013760408v030401p.pdf

Yes, and there are also some in

https://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_ts/101300_101399/1013760408/03.01.01_60/ts_1013760408v030101p.pdf

Unfortunately that doc has plenty of reference to the "previous" versions :
https://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_ts/101300_101399/1013760408/02.03.01_60/ts_1013760408v020301p.pdf
https://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_ts/101300_101399/1013760408/01.03.01_60/ts_1013760408v010301p.pdf

> I may be able to process them and create corresponding directories in pycrate.

That would be really nice :)

Do you have some tool to automatically extract the definitions from the pdf ?

Cheers,

   Sylvain