How to find IMSI for OsmoHLR

Michael Spahn michaelspahn.osmo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 06:12:33 UTC 2018

Hi,

I am currently having some problems in adding new subscribers to OsmoHLR, particularly, in finding the IMSI of the devices.
From what I gathered from the wiki, the OsmoHLR log is supposed to show the IMSI of any mobile stations trying to connect to my network without being subscribers. However, the log does not show any indication of that whatsoever.

I had previously imported an old database from our previous OsmoNITB setup and all devices that had been added as subscribers with SimpleHLR back then were able to connect to the new setup flawlessly, but now I have decided to delete an MS from the database to learn how to add new subscribers but like I’ve said before, I am not able to find the IMSI in any log.

These are the logging settings in my OsmoHLR config:
log stderr
  logging filter all 1
  logging color 1
  logging print category 1
  logging timestamp 1
  logging print extended-timestamp 1
  logging level all debug
  logging level linp error

I’d really appreciate if someone could help me out here.

Kind regards,

Michael Spahn