request for gerrit votes to fix debian packages

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Wed Sep 20 22:48:28 UTC 2017

To fix the osmo-msc preliminary debian package build of osmo-msc, I need these
patches in osmo-mgw to be merged:

https://gerrit.osmocom.org/3999
https://gerrit.osmocom.org/4000
https://gerrit.osmocom.org/4001
https://gerrit.osmocom.org/4002
https://gerrit.osmocom.org/4003
https://gerrit.osmocom.org/4005

(topic 'new_mgw' less 4006 and 4007)

If review takes too long I am tempted to just merge it ahead to fix the state
of osmo-msc.deb in
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/network:osmocom:nitb-split:nightly

If I do, it means that I would like to fix and improve those patches later, not
that I want to smuggle them past review. I just want to finally get the debian
builds working and off my mind again.

The osmo-msc currently fails because it needs a header file not included in
libosmo-mgcp-client-dev, because that is still tied to libosmo-mgcp headers,
which are of course not included in the libosmo-mgcp-client deb. I want them to
be separated completely to save us this kind of cumbersomeness in the future.
Only one of the above commits unties libosmo-mgcp-client from the other libs,
but small bits here and there make the change depend on the others in that
bunch. I could re-arrange, but that would take time. I'd rather just keep them
in that order, we want them merged anyway.

The large ones in the middle are dexter's work on the next generation MGW that
happened on a branch, being placed beside the legacy code. This way we can move
from legacy to new code in osmo-msc and osmo-bsc independently.

~N