RFC: gerrit verifcations as Jenkins Job Builder YAML file

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Wed Sep 13 06:00:06 UTC 2017

> On 12. Sep 2017, at 20:25, André Boddenberg <dr.blobb at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,

Hey!

> I've created a prototyp'ish JJB YAML file [1] that holds all current
> gerrit verification jobs on jenkins.osomocom.org. Holger and Lynxis
> suggested to explore this way of managing Jenkins jobs in the "jenkins
> build slaves: Rationale for some builds in docker vs. some not?"
> thread.

cool! Do you have an idea of how we could automatically update our
jobs based from this?

> - some jobs using gcc c compiler warnings v3, some v4

Not on purpose but depends on when we created the job?

> - some jobs are verifying drafts, some not

I don't think we want to verify drafts, we rarely use them anyway

> - only two gerrit jobs are allowing concurrent builds

On purpose. E.g. when executing tests that listen on a UDP/TCP/SCTP
port we can't run them concurrently unless the ports are randomized
or somehow virtualize them. In the case of concurrent builds we know
we either don't run system tests or we run them in docker.

holger