RFC: gerrit verifcations as Jenkins Job Builder YAML file

André Boddenberg dr.blobb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 12:25:04 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I've created a prototyp'ish JJB YAML file [1] that holds all current
gerrit verification jobs on jenkins.osomocom.org. Holger and Lynxis
suggested to explore this way of managing Jenkins jobs in the "jenkins
build slaves: Rationale for some builds in docker vs. some not?"
thread.

Following differences occurred, while clicking through all gerrit jobs
configurations:

- some jobs using gcc c compiler warnings v3, some v4
- some jobs are verifying drafts, some not
- only two gerrit jobs are allowing concurrent builds

Are these differences wanted? All job differences are commented in the
YAML file. The jobs are deployed on jenkins.blobb.me [2].

What do you think about this approach [1] in general?

Regards,
   André

[1] https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/c/3911/1
[2] https://jenkins.blobb.me/view/gerrit-JJB/