log level everything

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Tue Sep 12 23:19:46 UTC 2017

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 11:19:42AM +0200, Keith wrote:
> What do you think of allowing logging level all everything
> for the moment?

IIRC it was originally me that started the discussion that 'logging level all
everything' is broken and useless; maybe I oversaw something? If it really
solves a non-trivial situation for you, then maybe we should keep it?

In your example it's hard to follow because it's not obvious which log is on
which level ... we can turn on category printing but apparently we can't print
out each log line's level.

  logging print category 1

I guess best basis for discussion is a unit-test like program with three
categories logging on all levels, and different use cases of what should be
visible, showing whether/how we can reach it.

But I have my attention spread across too many cutting edges at the moment; I'd
love to jump right into it, but it wouldn't do justice to the urgency of other
tasks.

~N