log level everything

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Mon Sep 11 20:28:49 UTC 2017

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 08:27:31PM +0200, Keith wrote:
> > Also, feel free to contribute to https://osmocom.org/issues/71 your ideas on how it
> > should behave or how better/simpler/more convenient configuration should look like.
> Right, I will take it up there. thanks for the pointer to
> the ticket.

I've first had a simplified view of logging, and it expanded with OS#71.
I still have on my mental todo list to figure out one day what we actually want
and how to achieve that.

I also once wrote a mail with some improvement suggestions, but never followed
up on all of those. There's a lot in there...
https://lists.osmocom.org/pipermail/openbsc/2017-February/010312.html

I would welcome a comprehensive approach of defining all use cases we want to
support (like temporary reduction of everything to 'notice' level, and then
going back to the precise landscape of fine tuned logging that was in place
before that...) and then figure out how best to provide those with less
confusion and ideally without changing too much.

So if anyone would like to compile an overview, maybe write a wiki page... that
would be nice.

~N