log level everything

Keith keith at rhizomatica.org
Mon Sep 11 18:27:31 UTC 2017

On 11/09/2017 14:47, Max wrote:
> Could you please share your complete logging configuration? It's rather hard to guess
> how it should behave otherwise.
There's nothing to share really.
I'm describing a case that can be reproduced if you take a
default config (touch osmo-nitb.cfg and start it up)
Then open a VTY and do
logging enable.
logging filter all 1
continue to configure logging level per facility as desired...

> Have you tried replacing "logging level all everything" with "logging level all
> debug" or some other logging level?
Then I get ALL facilities logging at debug.
If I do logging level all info notice for example, then I
don't get ANY debug level logging, regardless of any
facility's explicit level.
> Also, feel free to contribute to https://osmocom.org/issues/71 your ideas on how it
> should behave or how better/simpler/more convenient configuration should look like.
Right, I will take it up there. thanks for the pointer to
the ticket.