osmo-bsc and msc connection

gsm sim gsm.sim.conn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 12:15:16 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

we are struggling to set up an 2G network using single bsc and msc
components rather than osmo-nitb.
We successfully managed to run an 2G-Network with osmo-nitb using an
usrp-n210 as trx.

Now how is the BSC supposed to connect to the MSC? In an older build of the
osmo-bsc and like described in the osmo-msc user manual I was able to setup
an cs7 instance using the m3ua via osmo-stp to the msc. But as I'm using
the nighlty-packages now there is no longer a way to configure cs7
instances in the BSC and since we are completely new to this project we
aren't up to date with all the recent changes. Apologizes for that.

We're also struggling to build the osmo-bsc sources. It quits with
"bsc_vty.c:313:5: error: implicit declaration of function ‘OSMO_SEC2DAY’".
So I guess there is a package missing but I couldn't find out which one it
is.

TIA

Best regards,

Ralf