Integrating openBSC with 3rd party MSC

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Oct 11 07:36:32 UTC 2017

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 12:58:35PM +0530, Anindya Sankar Roy wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  Yes I did start osmo-stp but can you please tell me how to configure the
> osmo-stp port ? I am just thinking that maybe that is the reason why its
> not starting.
>   By the way can you please share your cfg file, I would want to take a
> look at it and see if I am missing anything.

all osmocom projects come with "reasonable" example configuration files,
typically in the "doc/examples" folder.  Starting osmo-bsc, osmo-msc and osmo-stp
with those example configs on the same machine should render a setup in
which BSC and MCS connect to the STP and can exchange BSSAP messages between
them.

If you experience problems, please provide _proper_ reports, including your
config files, the log/stderr output as well as a pcap protocol trace of the relevan
communication (M3UA on loopback device in case of running all programs on one machine).

https://media.ccc.de/v/osmocon17-4008-reporting_and_investigating_issues_in_osmocom
also provides some help on what kind of information is required.